As any entrepreneur or SME owner will attest, obtaining finance for a business – whether a start-up, growth business or well established – can still be a difficult task. In some cases, the doors to traditional sources of finance are firmly closed.
Luckily, EIC may be able to help you obtain finance by structuring your business such that it will attract important tax relief for the person who is looking for investment and so help you obtain finance for the business.
This is primarily done by structuring your business such that it qualifies for one or more of the following:
- Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS)
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS)
- Business Property Relief (BPR) for Inheritance Tax (IHT) purposes
- Business Investment Relief (BIR) such that non-UK domiciled individuals may utilise otherwise ‘idle’ foreign income and gains in the UK without tax charge
- Tier One (Investor) Visa qualification.
Further detail on all of these schemes can be found in our Technical Centre above.
EIC will consider raising funds for businesses regardless of the sector – unless the activities preclude the obtaining of a desired relief.
For instance, property investment is not allowable for EIS purposes but is for Business Investment Relief purposes.
We are able to draw on the vast and specialist expertise from a network of professional advisers and mentors to develop your business and maximise long-term value for all parties.
- We will charge a one-off structuring cost which will depend on the desired relief(s).
- We will then charge 4.5% of the investment raised through our online platform.